Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shaw for Christmas


Download

Choral, just CHORAL! The true meaning of Christmas is here for you to feel. This definitely warms the heart and takes us back in time. I recall this album from my childhood so very well, in mono. I came across this album just last year when a friend gave me grabs on a collection his neighbor was leaving behind. It's in pristine condition and made the digital conversion well. I found an interesting piece of information when quickly comparing the two albums. The mono version from my childhood is dated 1957. The stereo version is dated 1958. Now if that isn't interesting? I wonder if it was rerecorded for the 'new' HiFi Stereo Fidelity of the era? Enjoy the true meaning of Christmas with Robert Shaw Chorale, Christmas Hymns and Carols.


Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly
Wassail Song
Carol of the Bells
Go, Tell It on the Mountain
Shepherd's Carol
Coventry Carol
Patapan
We Three Kings
Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
I Wonder As I Wonder
My Dancing Day
Christmas Hymn
Angels We Have Heard on High
It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
Joy to the World
Silent Night
Away in a Manger
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Oh Com, O come Emanuel
The First Nowell
O Come, All Ye Faithful