Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Toast from Bing Crosby

A Christmas Toast

Here's a special treat, I hope. There are two selections on this album that I remember very well listening to WEZN in Bridgeport, CT during the 70's and 80's. I Sing Noel and the Bells Rang literally ring in my mind every Christmas with fond memories trimming the tree or just relaxing by the fire. I found this album in the late 90's up in Cape Cod still sealed. I really wasn't sure what I was in for. It was the back cover that conjured up memories of watching the Bing Crosby Christmas show with his family. So, I thought it would bring back the memories of the show. Was I wrong in such a pleasant way. When I played the album, I screamed with joy the songs I found that I remember on the radio. The album was released in 1977, the year we lost Mr. Crosby physically. I believe it's a unforgotten album of Mr. Crosby. We often hear his recordings from the 40's on Decca records with the Andrews Sisters. Well, here is Mr. Crosby in one of his finest recording in full stereo with Les Brown arrangements and orchestration. Hope you enjoy it as much as I remember. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

many thanks for this share.
It brings back many happy memories of sitting by an open fire watching the Christmas tree lights twinkle and listening to the soothing voice of Bingy Boy!
Thanks again.
I owe you a Christmas mince pie and a glass of malt!

Anonymous said...

This album was originally released in 1971 as "A Time to Be Jolly," and is currently available on CD as "Bing Crosby - Christmas Album":

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Album-Bing-Crosby/dp/B0000047KL/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1229054620&sr=8-1