Friday, December 19, 2008

Billy Vaughn - Christmas Carols









Download
Here's a long forgotten Christmas classic. Billy Vaughn and his Orchestra presents Christmas Carols. I'm uncertain where and when I found this album. With a few Billy Vaughn albums in the house, I know I couldn't go wrong with it. I'm also uncertain if the album was ever released in stereo. The last groove of the record that takes the needle to the label to eject and slap the next record on top doesn't stop at the label. It goes in/out, in/out, in/out like those old 78 recordings. So, I suspect this album was released somewhere about 1957 just before stereo sound hit the commercial market. In any case, here's Mr. Vaughn in his typical styling for Christmas. Enjoy!

O Little Town of Bethlehem
Jingle Bells
Faith of Our Fathers
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Oh Tannenbaum
Adest Fideles
Silent Night
The First Noel
Joy to the World
Deck the Halls
O Holy Night
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

3 comments:

Yulie2 said...

Thanks, I especially liked his version of "Jingle Bells." Too bad it isn't in stereo.

EasyStackin said...

I truly do not believe it was ever recorded in stereo. Nice to hear from you Julie.

Anonymous said...

The stereo version was released in 1959, DLP-25148, and apparently re-released in 1962. The mono and two stereo releases each have different artwork. The original 12 stereo tracks can be found on CD as part of the 1999 Bear Family CD box set, Sail Along Silvery Moon.

Rob