Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rampal, Mozart and Six Sonatas for Flute and Harpsichord

Back to the classical section with Jean-Pierre Rampal, Flute and Robert Veyron-LaCrouix on the harpsichord. If you're a reader of these little tibbits of personal connection, you might find this a bit interesting and I'll need your help. Otherwise, download the album and enjoy.
This probably would not have been a recording that I would make a conscientious effort to purchase. I had an RCA 8-Track of 'Classics of the Movies'. I probably picked it up at Woolco bargain bin. The first cut on that 8-track had Sonata No. 4 in F major, I- Allegro. The piece became a favorite of mine until the 8-track eventually broke as they often did. I can't remember how I remembered the lost recording until I came across this presented recording in a used record shop. When I got home and played the first cut, everything came back to me with a good amount of excitement. I think I took a chance with Flute and Harpsichord.
Here's where I need some help. If anyone can recognize the piece and identify the movie it was used in, please drop me a note. I always remember that 8-track and fond memories.

No comments: