Friday, April 18, 2008

Mantovani Latin Rendezvous


Here's another childhood memory. Dad had this on his 'stack' of records that played on that RCA console Stereo. I remember it often at his parties and Sunday afternoons when he'd sit at the dinning room table paying the monthly bills. I suppose this was the start of my 'easy-listening' enjoyment. Favorites are Be Mine Tonight, La Paloma, Siboney and Perfidia. Like dad, I love the latin beat. What's interesting about this album is that it was created by a Mantovani contest. Mantovani fans were encouraged to submit their ideas for an album. My childhood was in NJ until I moved to CT at 10 years of age. The winners of this 1960's contest were too from NJ. How weird is that? We listened to stations like WPAT FM93, WVNJ and WRFM Stereo 105 from NYC. Okay, I'm reminiscing too much. Here's one of Mantovani's greatest albums. Here is it in FULL STEREO. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Rich said...

Great album and great job on the rip. Really sounds nice and clear, can't tell that it is an LP or is it a CD? None the less, this is some great music. I have a 5 record set on Mantovani entitled, Sentimental Strings. I've always liked him even though I haven't posted any of his music yet.