Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pete Fountain - A Taste of Honey





















I remember in the 70's, Stand By Me would play on the radio. My dad loved the arragement. After several times of asking who the artist was, I called the radio station to learn the artist was Pete Fountain.


It took me quite awhile in the new millenimum to think of eBay to get many of the recordings we enjoyed on the radio. This is one. Once it arrived, we slapped it on the turntable and immediately to Stand By Me!


Memories flowed vividly enough that I pictured the phone in my hand holding with the radio station to return with the artist, Pete Fountain.


In easy mode, enjoy some of the later hit songs of the 60's. We found another one of my favorites on the album, It's been a Long Long Time! ENJOY!

A Taste of Honey
The Shadow of Your Smile
The "In" Crowd
Theme from "The Yearling"
I Know a Place
It's Been a Long, Long Time
Cast Your Fate to the Wind
Lucky Pierre
I'm Henry VIII, I Am
Fountain in the Rain
Stand by Me
King of the Road

No comments: