Wednesday, August 20, 2008

GoodWill Hunting

Easy Stackin' is going to be a out of commission for the next couple of weeks. So, we thought we'd leave you with two selections. Awhile ago, I promised not to attend any more record conventions or purchase any more vinyl as there is more than plenty of records and vinyl in the house, already.


A friend recently took me to a GoodWill store just browsing for themselves. I searched around and came across a used record bin. Curious, I searched through the few stacks of LP's. Several times I said in my mind, "I've got that", repeatedly. A couple of those "I've got that" found myself pausing a moment and realizing, I do have it in mono.


WAIT, these are in STEREO!!! So, we gave a quick glace at the condition. They looked pretty well kept. For a $1.00 each, how could you go wrong? So here are the two STEREO treats.




From 1962, the Boston Pops performs Leroy Anderson. It's the 'NEW' Sound of the Boston Pops. I found it funny that Sleigh Ride and Serenata sounded exactly like my 78 copy. Course, now in STEREO!!!




Our second Stereo find is a childhood memory album. My dad played this album frequently from the RCA console stereo in the living room when the album was released in the later mid 60's. I'm sure this was a 'gold' album for Mr. Williams. Summer Samba, Born Free and Cherish were huge hits on the radio. Here's some great 60's instrumental styles from a truly great arranger/artist, Roger Williams. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super!!!!
Spasibo from Russia!
Good sound-Good music!
Please more!
Georgy.