Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spend this Holiday with Me - The Anita Kerr Singers

We've been a bit busy here decorating for the holidays. While we're decorating, we're rippin' some Christmas vinyl and of course, listening at the same time.



Here's one of the most harmoneous vocal groups of all time, The Anita Kerr Singers. The album was released in the late 60's. I purchased it new at Bradlees in the early 70's. It's still in perfect condition and the digital transfer is crisp and clear.



I have not seen it released recently and I know some Internet searchers have been searching for it.



Spend the holiday with Anita and the Singers. Enjoy!
Download





Choice pick, The Bell that Couldn't Jingle found in the Sample Box.











7 comments:

jim said...

Fantastic Album now on CD! After looking for years to replace my vinyl copy, finally found it on CD! It is available from Anita Kerr's website at www.anitakerr.com under MUUSIC - EUROPEAN YEARS at the bottom of the list. Just received it the other day, and yes, it is the original, not a rerecording. I do not believe it is available anywhere else, and it took me some time to locate it, so thought I would pass this info along for anyone interested.

EasyStackin said...

Due to this News Flash, we may have to remove the download option of Spend the Holiday with me, now that we know it's available commercially. Please don't be disaapointed as we've been graciously notified where to obtain the recording. Thanks.

Jim said...

Not really available on CD or anywhere, except for an occasionaly vinyl copy on eBay.

Anonymous said...

There is no Shop button on the Anita Kerr website. Help! I need to find this on CD and can't! How did you order it? I went to www.anitakerr.com and no CD were avaiable!

Anonymous said...

I got it for my mom last year on her site and they seem to have removed the ability to get her music on the site. I wanted to replace my record

Stephanie Caballero said...

I too grew up listening to this album and it is no longer available at www.anitakerr.com. Could you please re-post it or let me know how I can get it? Thanks!

EasyStackin said...

Now in 2009, we've found that the Anita Kerr site no longer has this album available. Here at EasyStackin' we're in the midst of finding another file share service. Should we find one, we'll repost this treasured album.